HybridZ

My car refuses to be dynoed

BayAreaZT

Last week I was gonna have the car dynoed to get some baseline numbers. On the way to the shop, I blew a few hoses at 15psi so i rescheduled for the next week.

Went to the local industrial hose and fitting place and picked up a bunch of t-bolt clamp. I ended up getting a discount on them after talking z-cars with the sales guy :D . Installed all the clamps and had the car dialed in at 12psi. AFR was in the 12s so I was good to go.

On the way to the shop this morning, I did a few WOT run just to make sure everything was good and now it's spiking past 16 psi and falling flat on it's face after that. Took a look at the fuel numbers and it was dumping in way too much fuel past 16psi. Good thing I set it up that way to be safe. Scared the crap out of me too cause the first time there was a huge backfire.

Fixed the fuel numbers too see if it would hold at 16psi but it would now spike to 18psi. Wierd because it would hold steady at 12psi the day before. I'll have to see whats going on with the boost controler and try again next week :-(

Sorry about the long post. I had to vent. :icon46:

Guest 280ZForce

i know what you mean with refusing to get dyno'd.

first time i went a few months ago...got strapped down on the dyno to start tuning and then my MSD tach sender went out (didnt know it was that until next day) and MS wouldnt work w/out tach signal. Then a few min after that the dyno received a power spike that shorted it out for a few days...weird.

since then my gauges have taken to tripping out on me cuz of some bad grounding I assume (but getting fixed now) and then my sister backed into me at the end of June and was a headache getting all that fixed.

So now the wiring of the gauges is being taken care of and I'm scheduled to dyno tune on Wed late morning...*fingers crossed* for the both of us to make it the next time around.

good luck and let us know how you do.