HybridZ

Reliable Source for RB26DETT??!!??

hotimport

Hi everyone!

I have been searching for a decent RB26 motor for my Z and obviously a reasonable price. Well just to start this off i want to remind people that are new to this, that you cant just buy a full front clip and make everything work from it in youre car. You need to piece this swap together to put in youre 240/260/280Z. First of the things that you would need to buy from the importer would be a RWD tranny from RB25 and dont get fooled by those RB20DET and RB25DE trannys. Other information about swaping RB26 in Z can be found in RB forum look in the sticky. So i have tought about this and havent really found anything on the forum about it, or realliable sources that can provide RB26 engines. So i made a list of places that i have allready been in contact with and of course positive and negative things about them also.

There is also has been a discusion of members here that can supply RB26 engines in full swap ready to go in Z.

Another thing that i want to mention is some of us maybe looking for engines out of R33 and for those with $$$ even R34. Well for that matter only solution is probably trying to get it ordered directlly from Japan, which usually take about 90 days and about another 30-45 to clean, test and prep for it to be sold.

I would also apreciate any other resources from anyone on this forum about such places that can provide RB26 engines.

Here is a list that i have for now...

Venus Auto

www.venus-auto.com

On in off in stock

RB Motoring

www.rbmotoring.com

Up's: Very nice place to get youre RB26 from top notch service.

Downs: Very $$$ "that should do it"

R&T Motorsports

www.rimstandings.com

Up's: Good service, 2 wearhouses and atleast 2 RB26 in stock.

Downs: Peacing the swap together, shipping from 2 diffrent locations.

By far i would say that there are top 3 on my list.

JDM Engines corp

www.jdmenginescorp.com

Up's: Good prices, usually one in stock.

Downs: None known.

Tokyo Imports

www.tokyomotorimports.com

Up's: Sells front clips in a very good and impressive condition, for $4500.

Down: Working out of Canada, Warranty and freight.

JDM Racing Motors

www.jdmracingmotors.com

Up's: None known.

Downs: On in off instock. Location Canada.

There is my list, i have called probably most of the import export places in the US by far the only reliable ones that deal with any kind of RB's are above.

In conclusion to this if you have alot of $$$ you can get youre swap from RB motoring because it seems like there the best in this bussines and taking care of customers. If you dont want to go that route and still have alot of $$$ buy a decent front cut, you will be able to sell alot of parts that you wont use and buy a RWD tranny.

Any other sugestions, solutions and recomendations can be posted here.

Thanks for reading and I hope i helped.