HybridZ

Uneven Ride Height 81 280zx

Guest shift4sidewayz

Guest shift4sidewayz

Hi guys my name is Donald and I'm from Murfreesboro, Tennessee and I just finished reading the rules as well as searching for an answer to my dilemia. I currently have a 1981 Datsun 280zx Turbo. My dilemia is this-my car seems to sit higher on one side than the other. The car has recieved the following in suspension upgrades from a friend that also noticed the problem but never could figure out why it did it. Suspension mods include-suspension tech lowering springs, tokico blue shocks, MSA front and rear sway bars. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Donald

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the car was probably in an accident at sometime in its life and was not properly repaired. I used to have a 74' 260Z that had that problem, when I bought it I was quite nieve about Z cars and I was told that the car had never been in an accident and that it needed new struts and springs... well I learned alot when I took it to a suspension shop to get the work done on it. The car had been in a major accident and the entire drivers side front corner (from the strut tower to the middle of the radiator brace) had been replaced (very poorly) then every thing was covered with bondo and painted to try to hide the poor work.

So from my experiance I would recomend that you (or someone you trust) go over the car very carefuly and look for any clues that it may have had accident damage poorly repaired, if everything checks out ok then start measuring from a good referance point on the suspension the height of each spring and make sure that the back springs are even with each other and the front spings are even with each other.

Good luck.

Dragonfly