HybridZ

Tkt Supercharger

CantZme

The first thing i ask of you guys, PLEASE DON'T FLAME as i know nothing about this kit but would like to know more. Searching on google i found Thomas Knight's site http://www.boostedhead.com . They sell a universal kit, which uses a roots type blower running off of batteries;you can even a 2nd car battery and mount it in the trunk(your decision on what u decide to power it with). Researched this kit and some people are getting pretty good gains out of these things. A ka24de running 8si off one of these almost doubled it's peak hp (208whp) and they don't put load on your motor since it does not run off of a pulley. Many are saying that these kits work well and the parts are high quality. Anyone have experience with this kit or know anything about it? This seems like a good way to achieve easy and somewhat affordable boost on our old L series motors. The kit is about $1600 for the blower, so $3000 could be a nice budget for a l28 with this blower,some MSA headers,full 3in. exh, and run it off of msns and a wbo2 just to keep afr's in check. Just another alternative to the l28et and NA-t setups. Additional information is appreciated :burnout:

My understanding of them is they work alot like nitrous, in that its used in spurts and you dont get many of them before you have to recharge.

It would seem to me just throwing some nitrous on the L28 would afford the same results, while being lighter and cheaper. Those batterys add some weight.

I dont speak for the kits quality, but all the reading and reveiws Ive read on these type of supercharges basicly says "Why not just juice it?".

Also, for 1600$ why not just get an L28et (You can find them as low as 1/4 of that cost) and work from that.. Its already got boost! :burnout: