HybridZ

looking to start a RB30DET project in AUS

Guest boostncalais

Guest boostncalais

Hey

Came across this site on the net, seems all of you are yanks but was wondering if anyone could give some advice.

Got a RB30ET motor already forged etc and love the look of datsun 240z's..

How hard is it to get engine mounts to bolt a RB30 block (using twin cam head from RB26) to the 240z chassis.

Will also be using a 4spd VL Turbo Jatco gearbox with a transbrake, cross members etc for bolting that up, again how hard?

Obviously will have to get a custom tail shaft made and rework the diff. I understand castlemain rod shop in australia (over east from me) make the pre made mounts for 260z but was wondering if they would suit the 240z.

Cheers

Rob

hey mate...im in aus and i just finished that exact same conversian.

i did it with a 5 speed though..The castlemaine rod shop mounts and sump work fine.i didnt use them myself but a friend of mine used them on an rb20..The only problem with the rb30det is bonnet clearance..you will need to use a Greddy style or a custom plenum as the stock crossover pipe doesnt fit..I am also running a gt35r and a normal high mount manifold wont allow it to fit under the bonnet either..a custom steampipe manifold needed to be made

g'day rob

i've got an rb30et in my 240z with std inlet manifold/throttle body ie crossover pipe goes over rocker cover,i got it to fit by spacing the body off the front suspension by about 10mm so you shouldn't have any difficulty with the rb26 twincam head as it won't need the crossover

mounts the same for 240 and 260's

you'll need to cut the "ears" out of the trans tunnel which form the original mounts to clear the jatco

keep us posted

paul

240zrb30et_thumb.gif

Guest boostncalais
g'day rob

i've got an rb30et in my 240z with std inlet manifold/throttle body ie crossover pipe goes over rocker cover' date='i got it to fit by spacing the body off the front suspension by about 10mm so you shouldn't have any difficulty with the rb26 twincam head as it won't need the crossover

mounts the same for 240 and 260's

you'll need to cut the "ears" out of the trans tunnel which form the original mounts to clear the jatco

keep us posted

paul[/quote']

mad, im tossing between RB25 and 26 heads, maybe 25 will be enough.. I dont understand what you mean about spacing the bottom but it seems the custom plenum idea might solve any ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ around.

did you make custom mounts up for the jatco or tap a thread into the chassis?

project is looking to be startd at the end of this year so just finding out some info so I can start building a motor.

sandwhiched a (bolted a plate through either side)mounts on the trans tunnel then mounted the gbox plate mount across the bottom of them

rb26 head/manifold flows well and has seperate throttle bodies.....nice....rb25 can still make big power,use the NA one to avoid the VVT crap,you can also fit better cams in it

ali spacer between the chassis and front crossmember gives more room (depth)in the engine bay....you won't need it with the rb25/26 head