HybridZ

84 300zx instrument light bulb replacement

Guest seabillco

Guest seabillco

9-20

Hi,

Does anyone know how to replace the small light bulb for the alternator instrument in the instrument panel for a 1984 300zx? It looks as if I might have to remove the entire dash just to put in a new bulb.

I wondered if I could get to it some other way?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Guest seabillco

Hi, Larry

Thanks for the great link! It doesn't look as if that guy has a way around removing the dash...

But, at least he's got nice pictures to discourage me from doing it!

Steve

It is actually possible to remove only the console itself. I have done it on my 85. Test all your bulbs to make sure what is out. I use a 9volt battery plenty of volts to check a bulb out and easy to handle. The slickest thing would be to replace with led but haven't found a good source for those and the bulbs last a long time. Putting the console back in is the hard part. Speedo cable impossible with out extra set of hands to keep it from moving. You can buy a 9 volt cap with pigtails at Radio Shack or find something broke that uses 9 v batt. put on some alligator clips and you got something you can use to test bulbs. Even has enough oomph to test most sidelight, marker lights etsc. other thing you could use would be old pc power supply they have +/- 12 volt and will light everythng but headlight.