HybridZ

What size fuel line from the tank?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after much consideration, do you guys think it would be alright to pull my drain plug out and just run my fuel line from there seeing how that is a half inch opening?

I guess you COULD do that but I wouldnt run it below 1/8 to 1/4 tank because the fuel could slosh to one side and run your pump dry. I would personally either take the old lines out of the tank and have 1/2" tubes put in with AN fittings welded on or weld a sump onto the bottom of the tank.

$crew this... I'm installing a fuel cell and the biggest pump and lines I can find:flamedevi

LOL, now that would be the best thing to do. That is what Im doing with mine as well. -10 lines to and from the cell and a aeromotive A1000 pump. Im still up in the air on what regulator Im going to run right now. Depends on if I go turbo or not with my LS1 build.

Yeah... too much is NEVER too much unless you can't REGULATE it:flamedevi And the extra cost is nominal...

LOL, now that would be the best thing to do. That is what Im doing with mine as well. -10 lines to and from the cell and a aeromotive A1000 pump. Im still up in the air on what regulator Im going to run right now. Depends on if I go turbo or not with my LS1 build.

Yeah... too much is NEVER too much unless you can't REGULATE it:flamedevi And the extra cost is nominal...

That was exactly my point from the begining. Its much cheaper to do it once and have it bigger than you need than it is to run out of fuel later on and have to re-do everything.

If you looked like Britney Spears, I'd ask you to marry me... Yep... do it ONCE and NEVER bother with it again!!!

That was exactly my point from the begining. Its much cheaper to do it once and have it bigger than you need than it is to run out of fuel later on and have to re-do everything.

Uh, well, maybe. I went last week, got the teflon lines, 17 feet of each, -10 and -8, (4-#10 straight, 4-#8 straight, 1-#10 90) fittings, 12 gallon jaz plastic fuel cell, stainless inline 10 micron fuel filter. Take a guess how much for the whole shebang?

Winner gets nothing, but just take a guess. I'll give you a hint, the fuel cell was $139.99.

Uh, well, maybe. I went last week, got the teflon lines, 17 feet of each, -10 and -8, (4-#10 straight, 4-#8 straight, 1-#10 90) fittings, 12 gallon jaz plastic fuel cell, stainless inline 10 micron fuel filter. Take a guess how much for the whole shebang?

Winner gets nothing, but just take a guess. I'll give you a hint, the fuel cell was $139.99.

over $500? The filter alone is at least $80 and those fittings add up quick! Depending on the type of line, usually in the neighborhood of $75-125 for 20ft...........

154+436.52+182.45=$772.97 and that is how you buy aeroquip qft hose, fittings, 12 gallon Jaz plastic fuel cell, and stainless filter in -10 and -8. I'd hate to think what it would have been for -12 and -10 lines.

Just goes to show you that you can shoot an $800 bill right in the 'ol keester in a flash. I hate to think of how much money I have in the Monte these days!

I hope it runs.

Git r done! I have to install another safety harness on the passenger side first, I have one, just need to install it. Oh, and get it running, which it's close, but alittle snag today. The left corner of the intake is leaking water. So, I have to pull the intake. Rather than screw with it, I'm just going to replace it. It's a 35 year old edelbrock scorpion intake and I've never run it on anything, so I think there's a problem with it, so I'll stuff it on ebay and donate some $$$ to hybridz!!!!!!

If winner gets nothing, I'm not playing. Ha-RUMPH!!