HybridZ

Rb25det 240sx, should i buy?

Freeze

I guess my question is, is there any advantages in buying this car for a future swap in my z. Aside from the fact that i could tell if the engine is running strong and see first hand the affect of the upgrade i`m gonna make before the swap, is there anything specific about this transplant in this platform that could be use in my application. I know what it take to drop an RB into a z but not into an sx. Keep in mind that the nissan will be use has my daily driver for about 6 months before the z will be ready for its new heart. The car is about the same price as those equipped with an SR20det wich mean cheap, but not dirt cheap. I`ll be able to see the car next weekend, so any suggestion?

I think you should get it if it is in good running condition. I had 4 rb powered 240sx's, two sr powered 240sx's and a ca18 powered one. Out of them all the rb's were my favorite in smooth strong power and sound. I had never had one of the rb cars brake down on me either. Very very reliable unless you get your hands on a sick one from the start. Then it can become a problem if you dont do the work yourself.

Thanks for the reply.Thats exactly what i was thinking Dizzy, drive it like you rent it then pull the engine ... if it's still running. Snail, any sure way to tell if the swap was done properly? Test drive is saturday, i'm really in need to drive a car again.

check out other forums such as 240sxforums.com and nicoclub.com . they have rb forums and you can see what a clean swap should look like. also find vids on streetfire.net youtube.com and video.google.com of running rb25 240sxs. those should give u and idea of what to look for. hope that helped and good luck with the car:burnout:

I bought mine in a 240sx. It was a friends car which I helped him with the swap. The car got hit on the freeway, so I got my swap. I think it would be a decent idea. I would check to see if it has the R33 front crossmember, or if it uses a mount kit (this will aid in future sale of S13) Also I would check how much the under dash wiring has been 'worked'.