HybridZ

New clutch

Guest shamelessbill

Guest shamelessbill

First z (76) and soon 1st clutch replacement...

It's an NA with mild cam. Any tutorials on clutch replacement, tools needed misc parts you don't think of till it's all on the floor and the autozone is closed? I'll be buying a stock clutch kit. is this one OK for street use on a 4spd?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/75-83-DATSUN-NISSAN-280Z-280ZX-2-8-NEW-OEM-Clutch-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQihZ007QQitemZ170011996343QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Bill

Well if you ever did a clutch on anything else -- pretty much the same. tranny jack will help a bunch unless you got some buds with arms the size of my leg. give yourself a day for the first time around. Probably only take 3-4 hours if you have done it before and have an air ratchet. Some real loooong extensions or several one footers to reach the bell housing bolts makes things go easier. when you say you are getting a kit I would assume you are getting the alighnment tool, throwout bearing, pressure plate and clutch disc. Might want to consider replacing rear engine seal as long as you got things apart. Hope de flying wheel don't need surfacing. Usually don't unless you heard nasty noises. If you have to surface the flywheel definitely replace the rear seal.