HybridZ

hooking up a turbo timer

FJ 280z

is there a way to get a turbo timer to work with megasquirt? i was wondering cause i want my car to have one, but all the turbo timers i have seen come with harnesses that plug in to other cars, im certain i won't have any place to plug in a turbo timer since all the wiring and ECU is custom. anyone have any ideas?

The turbo timer has nothing to do with megasquirt. All it does is keep the engine running (by keeping power on the ignition wire behind the key) for a short amount of time to let the turbo spool down and engine temp stablize. If you have an alarm, it should also bypass the sensors that could be triggered by the engine running, such as motion and ignition on sense.

Any turbo timer that's considered "generic" and just comes with a wiring diagram rather then in-line plugs for a specific car should work fine. My alarm has a remote start system which also includes a turbo timer function, and handles the alarm arming correctly.

-Eric