HybridZ

Wire harness Question

My project car is a 76 with the typical cracks in the dash. I also have a 78 2+2 with a perfect dash. If I swap the dashes, will the harness be the same in each or will I need to take the harness out of each dash and put it back in the car it came out of. I am hoping someone can help me with this because the 78 is my daily driver while I LS1 the 76. I have a fear of getting it out of the 78 and installing the 76 dash only to find out the harness won't hook up and I have to walk to work while I strip thee two harnesses. I have a shop manuel for both years but trying to follow each wire in both books is beyond my ability to endure pain.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the swap today and I can answer the question. No they are not the same. The wire harness on the 78 is split in two. All of the wiring that comes form the multi switch is seperated from the loop that goes over the top of the dash. Exchanging the harness was not a problem and there were a few switches that had to be changed because the plugs were different.