HybridZ

The WORST hybrid ever created. PERIOD

auxilary

I'm just fairly impressed by the execution of putting a fwd clip under an rwd front-end. Impressive engineering, if somewhat - odd.

On a more local note, some of these comments sound word-for-word like comments I've seen and heard regarding putting V8's into Zs. That guy put a *lot* of work into his engine swap, he deserves props for that, at least.

OK. Swap a honda d16 motor into a Z and convert it to fwd. Same principle. :)

Something I'm *amazed* I don't see more is rotary swaps. They seem like the perfect motor - unbelievably small, powerful, lots of potential for huge hp, and yet you seldom see them popped into other vehicles (other than here at HybridZ!). Stacking a couple of them either in series or in parallel might be an interesting engineering challenge. I was looking for "convertibles" on Ebay some time ago, and saw a Fiat 850 in my area (remember the teeny-weeny little guy with the rear engine?), and I thought "might be cool car - with a BIGGER MOTOR - perhaps a six? Maybe a D15b (of which I have one sitting around)? Or, ooh, a Wankel! Yes, a rotary! Now where would I put the turbo?"...

rotary motors are finicky, have less detonation tolerance than piston motors, and parts are more expensive. it's far easier and cheaper to have a reliable 300hp small block chevy than a rotary.

Look at how many toyota starlets, datsun 510s, and vws are running with rotary powerplants. People don't think it's a good platform for a Z because you can fit so much more in hte engine bay.

And you can always get a 20b (3 rotor) that makes 300hp in stock twin turbo form

Yeah... but it's a SEMI-HEMI:wink:

I think it will give a whole new meaning to HEMI-as in half the normal number of cylinders. Can you imagine someone pulling up to your Dodge Ram asking...."Ya gotta HEMI in there?"

I think it will give a whole new meaning to HEMI-as in half the normal number of cylinders. Can you imagine someone pulling up to your Dodge Ram asking...."Ya gotta HEMI in there?"

Bwahahahaa! That's rich!

I'll weigh in an say this was a waste of car IMO. Both cars were happier apart. I see this as kind of a bad marriage--like Rosanne Bar marrying Jesse James--It makes you think, "WTF?!?"

Davy