HybridZ

brings back memories

NO! I don,t know whos car it is, but it sure brings back memories of my 1968 race vette....I only ran very low 10s at 135mph but it launched and sounded similar

http://challengevideos.com/video2.php?video=http://www.challengevideos.com/2006/event10/009_PG01_M009_NEW.wmv&title=%3Cb%3EPro+8+Qualifying%3C/b%3E+Angelo+Valla+(1972+Targa+Blue+Coupe)+vs.Paul+Ziajski+(2002+Black+Z06)+Valla+clocks+new+personal+best+in+the+big+block+nitrous+C3+with+an+8.087+@+175.76.++The+other+driver,+Ziajski+qualifies+with+an+11+second+pass+in+Zona

I was seriously racing in the mid 1970s-1980s with that vette, it ran mid to- low 10s durring most of the late 1970s-80s while tried dozens of differant bbc engine combos, and several transmission types, generally the trans was an M22 and 4.56 rear gears but I tried 4.11, 4.88,5,13 rear gears, several types of slicks, and a TH400 trans also.

building the car with todays available parts would be laughtably easy compared to back then when you were restricted in many areas of the built to modified stock components, decent big block heads, cranks,rods, cams, were just not available like now or were exorbanditly priced, on the plus side blocks and heads ETC. were cheap and easy to get. a complete LS7 500 hp crate engine cost $1600, but you were making $130-$200 a week back then, so the cost in weeks worked to buy an engine was similar to todays $9000-$12,000 costs for similar engines

• 3 weeks later...