HybridZ

Hi advice needed on rb swap into rx7...

Guest beario

hi new here,i know its all about z cars here,but its seems its very popular to do the rb25det series engine and box in to the z cars...

i have a 1990 rx7 mazda with the awfull 13b rotary engine,anyway the engine is dead and i thought about fitting a rb25det engine and box into it,cant find any info on the swap,so i dont know if its been done,the engine bay looks big enough,so was just wondering what you guys thought of the engine swap,into the rx7,and the people who have done the swap are they happy with the results,thanks and sorry if its the wrong forum...:mrgreen:

Welcome beario.

You are in the right forum and this being a Z-car forum, no one here will have already done that swap. MOF, I doubt the swap has ever been done before. However, there is a ton on information in this forum on the RB25 and the things the thing you need most, pictures and dimensions.

I posted a link for you over on TC but you might have missed it. It is a good start and you should find a lot in this forum that should help answer some questions.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=109458

Awhile back i have seen an RX-7 it was an FD though with a 2jz motor swap. It was an SP car if remeber correctlly and if they can fit 2jz motor in that thing, you can put an RB in with no problem. The only thing that you should research well is the Tranny since you got only 2 choices which is RB20 vs RB25 tranny. Just be ready to cut, weld and fabricate.