HybridZ

windshield washer parts

Guest Spoon

My headlight washers and rear window washer works but windshield washers don't. It looks like the pump has died. I haven't seen any after market pumps in my local stores. Does anyone know where I can find one online? Or maybe an OEM one? I also broke the nipple thats above the firewall that the hose connects to and goes to the sprayer. Any ideas on how to fix that?

As for the broken nipple, I had good luck just using super-glue, then I used a little J-B weld around the broken area, never had a problem after that.

You might want to try one of those "universal" inline pumps for the washer. PepBoys used to sell them. God luck.

I have had success dissasembling the motors and cleaning them. It is just a miniature vane pump. the motor is held together with bent over metal tabs. GENTLY bend them up and loosen the armature. DONT pull the armature all the way apart there are wires attached to it about the size of frog hair. Once you get things loosened up you should be able to move the armature and see the pump vanes. Knock out any dirt and crud you see. Liberally wash the thing down with electrical (contact) cleaner. CRC makes one you can get at hardware. Put her back together and fire that rascal up. You can buy nylon barb hose fittings most hardware stores and/or auto parts. I replace all my, very brittle, hose with clear plastic tubing works fine and you can watch the fluid go merrily thru the piping. If no joy there then haunt the junkyards. Get a good picture of what the pump you want to replace looks like (there are two different styles depending on where the fluid goes). If you can't find any Z's check honda, other nissan of that vintage, maybe even toyota. Most jap auto makers use the same suppliers for peripherals. My wife and I are going to maui in a month I could bring you one I've got out in the junk pile.