HybridZ

L28ET into 240z (I suck at searching)

Alex_V

Soon it looks like Ill be getting a 240z and I wanted to research the swap, mainly what I need for the carb to efi swap like gas tank mods and such.

Ive got:

-A full l28et accesories and all,mounted to the orginal subframe with the front brakes and shocks on it

-a BW T5

-ZXT radiator

-driveshaft

-R200 diff, mounted on the ZXT subframe again complete with brakes

-XZT dash uncracked with gauges

-engine bay wiring harness with body/interior harness as well with ECU

-misc extras including the turbo AFM and all the emissons junk.

All for $500 from a friend with 105K miles. It even has the AC! (thats FS)

I searched and came up with a few threads but they didnt get into the details, nor did I go over every stickie. Im writing this as I go to bed or Id go through all the stickies...So just link me to some good threads and Ill read away!

As for the car, it runs and drives and is the guys DD! So Ill drive it as is for a little while and then swap it out for the turbo stuff. And a running l24 and tranny will be FS soon as well...

~Alex

Come on I looked for hours and I couldnt find much. Anybody?

But all I need to know is with an S30 do I need to use the BW T5's drive shaft with the r180 or do I need to swap in my r200? Im pretty sure the 4 speed driveshaft splines are diffrent then the BW's but Im not sure. I'll probably just swap the whole subframe if that possible.

other then that all thats left is exaust, but I think Im going to have my friend help me make a custom piece, unless theres a cheap piece online.

~Alex