HybridZ

Electric fans

gretchen/jason

Ive tried the 2 speed ford tarus fan i actuall have 3 of them and i tried a Black magic extreeme fan very nice as it shrouds the entire rad core and pulls 3,300 cfm of air .

Is there a fan out there that can really suck the air i mean like 4,000 cfm plus that would fit say 19 inches high and 22 inches wide ive seen some that pull 5,000 plus cfm but they are to big to fit under the hood .

Even if i need to build a shroud to fit it no problem

Thanks in advance

Jason

i thought the ford taurus fans ARE 4000 cfm?

or is it just the SHO taurus fans that are capable of higher than 3500?

there was a lengthy debate on some 4x4 and 240sx forums a while back, but I remember them saying they are 4000.

I think anything above that would either be too damn thick, or would be a dual-fan solution. which would result in it being about 28 inches wide give or take a few.

EDIT:

This link may be of use to you.

http://home.satx.rr.com/nissanweb/RadTest/RadTest.htm

Not sure i got my 2 speed fan out of a station wagon of the same year then 2 2 ford taurus but no sho fan to hard to find a sho around here . But that is a good link ive tried stock ducting i found a chin pan as someone gave me a pic of one that made my heating problem worse i tried to block off the whole air damn to the rad no luck it seems a decent fan and free flow in any direction works somewhat .

But if there is a bigger badder electric fan out there i am just looking for it . Maybe i should have done a sr20dett swap less engine but same power seeing as i spent 4 grand for only 290 wheel horses .

i agree to many fans that could work are to big to fit