HybridZ

mn47 external differences

X64v

I'm working on a friend's 240, who hasn't touched it for years, and can't remember anything about it. It's got an l24 block but an n47 head. Is there any way (short of pulling the head and looking at the chamber shape) to tell if it's of the maxima variety or the z/zx type? I've been looking at all the pics I can find of each. It does not have a cht port. All the mn47 heads I've seen have them; has anyone seen an mn47 head without a cht port? Or are there any other subtle differences between the two?

I've got several 280Z N47 heads and three L24E N47 heads. Both types are marked N47, but the L24E version has a thermal sensor below and between the #5 and #6 spark plugs. I think that's the most obvious difference.

Edit: I recently read on another forum that N47 heads that came on early 280ZX motors had the thermal densor in the same location. It was 1_fast_z that wrote:

Theres a extra boss and drilled hole towards the rear of the water neck on the back of the head.