HybridZ

Front offset with 5lug and 17x7.5(no coilover)

Hard to say. BLKMGK has the 300ZX 5 lug conversion with 35mm offset 17X8 wheels. Since the ones you're talking about are 1/2 inch narrower, you could theoretically go to a 45mm offset and potentially clear the larger, stock spring perch.

Coilovers definately make all of this stuff much easier icon_rolleyes.gif

i believe the tire is too TALL to clear the stock perch.

i originally tried to do the 5 lug on my car with 7.5" rims and no coilovers and the tire hit on my rim offsets.

is there anyone with 17" wheels and no coilovers..

maybe someone who just bought the adapters?

Thanks for the try SCCA. Wouldn't you know it. I sold your 5lug stuff and now that I have more money I need it again! I guess my buddy's shop may have a 17x7.5 that I could mock up and see how it fits or does not fit! Thanks, I will let everyone know the verdict of a 17x?? on the front without coilovers.

BTW, BLKMGK has coilovers on his setup.

"BLKMGK has the 300ZX 5 lug conversion with 35mm offset 17X8 wheels. Since the ones you're talking about are 1/2 inch narrower, you could theoretically go to a 45mm offset and potentially clear the larger, stock spring perch."

I think you have this reversed. Higher offset's (ie. 35->45) pull the wheel into your wheelwell. So if BLKMGK clears 17x8's with +35 AND coilovers. You want less offset to push your wheel out to clear the OEM spring perch. (perch being a good one inch wide). So the 1/2" narrower wheel gains you 6mm clearance per side so for ie. 19mm less offset would net you 25mm more clearance with a 17x7.5" +16mm offset.

Looking at it from a different viewpoint: 16x7 0 offset clears fronts with 225s and OEM strut/spring/fender. 5 lug hubs of the more common Z31 type add ~20mm of offset so a +20 wheel would be placed in same location on which you can tickle that number to centre in the location you want. (If you have to buy before knowing exactly what will fit, choose on the higher offset number so you can at least add a spacer if need be). A +18 or +20 offset should be quite close to requiring a v. small or no spacer at all depending on if you use slip on rotors and OEM perches or coilovers etc for stock location. As coilovers gain you room on the inside then you can run less offset to add tire/wheel on the inside when going wider.

I don't recall which strut has the greater angle, a ZX or Z strut. A 280ZX front setup fits with +12, to +18mm offset on a 16x8 wheel with 245's with coilovers on the strut. The tight point is the tire to strut clearance in this geometry.

FYI --

ZX use less camber internal in the strut than a Z.

ZX are the SAME as a 510. they are interchangeable........

Z will not fit a ZX or a dime. a zx strut in a z would run like 15 degrees positive camber.

Just a heads up - my driver's side REAR tire was rubbing the fender for some reason, the passenger side never rubbed. I tried rolling it a bit with limited success. As a result I've tried pulling the 1/4inch spacer from that side. To my surprise it does NOT rub! I've yet to try doing this on the other side but I may try it just to get things even. Good news that the Mustang offset wheels work with no spacer in the rear - this is WITH coilovers.

Also, I may bump up the spring rate back there. This sucker squats real fast and while I've not bumped the wheelwell yet I'm worried aboout it - I've yet to try a standing launch. Current rate is 225 in back and it's not really sitting down on the wheels right now. Drives pretty nice icon_biggrin.gif