HybridZ

LS1 A/C Belt

SSflyer

You milled the bracket and the compressor fit? I tried that but had to "mill" (sand/grind really) so much that it was no longer useable. The 2 squinch pulleys (one fixed and one tensioner) that tighten the belt ended up hitting the crank pulley. I ended up making a custom bracket....

Let's just say that it helped to mill the bracket. I also notched the frame rail in about an inch and a half on a 45 degree angle and now the compressor fits fine.

ps. I feel like I owe you a huge debt of gratitiude. I've developed the habit of printing any post about LS1 conversions that have answers to problems I know I'm going to face, and as I was reading through them yesterday looking for this belt info, most of the really usefull stuff was in your posts. You're like one of the pioneers of this LS1 hybrid stuff and your work has saved me (and probably alot of others) countless hours and lotsa bucks. So, thanks.