HybridZ

My First Z-car

turboboost

How does that car have a Borg and Warner in it?

Also I do not want to burst your excitement but rather be a realist. Please check your car thoroughly for rust, you do not say how many miles are on the car? Canadian weather and Japanese cars from the '80s, especially the early '80s (and before) DO NOT mix. These cars literally crumble due to poor rust protection done by manufacturers during the '70s-'8-s and also due to the adverse weather in Canada.

You might have scored a cheap car but can spend a small fortune on bodywork and paint - or teach yourself to weld!

I lived in Ontario for 15+years and saw what the winters did to my Datsuns, Nissans and Toyotas - not pretty.

Yasin

Swap I guess...

How does that car have a Borg and Warner in it?

Also I do not want to burst your excitement but rather be a realist. Please check your car thoroughly for rust, you do not say how many miles are on the car? Canadian weather and Japanese cars from the '80s, especially the early '80s (and before) DO NOT mix. These cars literally crumble due to poor rust protection done by manufacturers during the '70s-'8-s and also due to the adverse weather in Canada.

You might have scored a cheap car but can spend a small fortune on bodywork and paint - or teach yourself to weld!

I lived in Ontario for 15+years and saw what the winters did to my Datsuns, Nissans and Toyotas - not pretty.

Yasin

The body isnt really that bad, some surface rust around the fenders and hatch. The underbody is in really good condition, no holes in floorboards, frame rail rust etc.

The car was stored for about 6 years until I bought it..

And yes... It is running... I just need to buy a damn battery.

Sorry my friend..having a hard time believing that you have a BW 5speed. BW came only in 5speed Turbo 280ZX cars for just over 1.5years, Canada got literally a small handful of these cars. The BW are rare here in the US muchless in Canada. I have been into Zs since 1979 and only seen a few 5speed Turbo ZX cars in Canada.

I believe you have the "B Series" tranny which is a Nissan built 5 speed tranny. Great tranny too...and guess what on my original 1983 280ZX Turbo, I removed the BW and replaced it with a B Series. These trannys can take a pure licking, hp and abuse all in one sitting.

Yasin

Sorry my friend..having a hard time believing that you have a BW 5speed. BW came only in 5speed Turbo 280ZX cars for just over 1.5years, Canada got literally a small handful of these cars. The BW are rare here in the US muchless in Canada. I have been into Zs since 1979 and only seen a few 5speed Turbo ZX cars in Canada.

I believe you have the "B Series" tranny which is a Nissan built 5 speed tranny. Great tranny too...and guess what on my original 1983 280ZX Turbo, I removed the BW and replaced it with a B Series. These trannys can take a pure licking, hp and abuse all in one sitting.

Yasin

You could be right... I havent really looked thourougly at the car, so im just going by what the previos owner told me...