HybridZ

72 240z: bolt pattern and wheel and tire sizes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im picking up my 240z in a bout two weeks and am wondering what bolt pattern i will have and what size wheels and ires you guys recommend. i want to get something bigger than stock and wider as well. i was think maybe 16x7 with 205/45 tires. should the back be wider than the front? thanks!

16x7 with 225/50/16's is a very comfortable AND responsive combination in my opinion. A 205 on a 7" rim is somewhat 'tight' but if very tight is your goal that might be right for you.

I'm running 245/45/16's on 16x8s and I much prefer the 225/50/16 on 16x7 ride (225/50/16's on 16x8's are tooo tight IMO).

Your bolt pattern is 4x4.5 (4 studs on a 4.5" diameter bolt circle). You'll find very few aftermarket 'bolt on' wheels in the Z bolt pattern and offset (typically 0->+10mm for 70-78's). It's this lack of choices that prompted me to offer a set of bolt on wheel spacers for $210 that allow you to choose from dozens of wheels intended for a 4x100 (4") and honda offset (ie. 38-42 generally). You can go to www.tirerack.com and pick most any wheel offered for a 92 honda civic just for an example (over 50+ choices last I checked...). Checking Rx7 offerings gets into some larger wheels which may be offered in honda spec/bolt pattern etc.

For Z offerings their are centre lines, panasports, revolutions, and custom order wheels (any others?).

good luck and enjoy your Z!

• 7 years later...

Modern,

You are saying that the bolt on wheel spacres would then allow me to choose from a lot of wheels, but without them I must have the 4X4.5 wheels. If that's the case then I am looking at some real problems trying to get my Z loaded to bring home. What is the offset you mention? I don't understand it's importance or where something is being "offset"? Finally, I assume that the 4.5" measurement is the centers of the bolts rather than the outside.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Scott