HybridZ

dont know where noise is coming from?

Guest nerfkhat

Guest nerfkhat

hey guys im trying to help get my dads 280z in really good condition then it already is. The problem is when you put into gear and let off clutch the rear suspension or diff makes a loud clunk noise. same noise happens when you step on brakes..it pops or clunks coming from rear..im thinking its some kind of bushings but dont know where to begin to look...and hoping its not the diff..what do you guys think its coming from..?

Guest nerfkhat

ya i was thinking it was the diff mounts. cuz it feels like the diff moves forward and back when you get on the gas and brake...can i get just those bushings in poly by themselves or would i have to buy a bushing kit?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was just going to post on here as I am having similar noises in the same situation. Only thing different is that I've swapped in an RB25DET.

The driveshaft is brand new and fits properly, it has brand new spicer joints in it. Also a brand new front isolator mount, and I just finished replacing all the bushings in the rear with polyurethane replacements.

I don't think that there is that much diff movement. The only thing I have left to do is the final torquing of the control arm bolts.

I'm really at kind of a loss as to what this is.:?:

Chris Rummel

nerfhat.... Buy the whole kit and do the car right. It's much better to not mix old worn out bushings with new ones. You'll find the car will handle so much better when you replace the front ones also.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?SearchType=Make&N=700+4294907666+4294906934+4294925061+4294925130+400008+115+4294865789

Rumnhammer.. If you have not, retighten all your bolts in the rear and check the two bolts on the mustache bar. If they are loose the bar will move and make that clunking sound.

LARRY