HybridZ

sandblasted and primered finally (pics) (56k beware)

poortecher

The plans, well...I'm not doing anything groundbreaking that's for sure. Just building something that I can enjoy for a long, long time. But yah, the plans go as such:

-383 (500-ish hp) with a T56

-R-200 w/ CV jointed halfshafts

-Coilovers

-subframe connectors and front and rear strut bars

-4 wheel disc brakes

-5 lug with some nice 17" wheels (american racing torq-thrusts?)

-keep the body pretty much original except for a front air dam

-keep the interior fairly original (autometer gauges, delete the console, make some custom upholstery with tweed inserts)

The basic look I'm going for with the car as a whole is an under the radar kinda thing (what is that? a datsun with some shiny wheels?) unless you take some time and look at the car. I want people to see the car and not notice that anything's been done to it unless you look underneath.:coollook:

• 2 months later...

So I got back to my Z recently. It's been too darn cold and windy to be working outside lately. I built the rotisserie a while ago, and recently mounted the car onto it. I removed the hood latch bracket, trans mount, and other assorted odds and ends. Last night, I made a new floor pan for the passenger footwell, and I welded it in today after work. Anyways, here are some pics of my progress.

I know my neighbors have got to love this

zrotisserie008.jpg">zrotisserie003.jpg">My dog Tyson. 4 1/2 months old and already almost 60 lbs. He's gonna be a BIG pit bull.

zrotisserie004.jpg">

">zrotisserie015.jpg

Everytime I turn the car over, I get about 10 more handfuls of this

zrotisserie009.jpg">

This area has me a little confused as how to go about removing the rusted floor pans, what with the frame rail being right there. Suggestions?

zrotisserie001.jpg">

Me feeling victiorious after the car doesn't come crashing down.

zrotisserie024.jpg">

">

They may be small, but they get the job done.

zrotisserie016.jpg">

Bad floors come out

zrotisserie025.jpg">

New metal goes in...

zrotisserie031.jpg">

zrotisserie033.jpg">

And before anyone points it out to me,yes I know it's not the greatest idea in the world to use flat sheetmetal for a floorpan. I was going to go buy a little vice mounted bead roller, but ended up not. The subframe connector is going to be going right down the center of the flat piece anyway, so I don't think it will cause a problem.....I hope.

So that's that for today. I'll probably finish the floors within the next couple days depending on school and work. If I didn't have to work, it seems like this car would be done in a month! But then of course, I am working and I still can't scrape up enough money to get it done. Oh well. Anyways, I'll post another update when some reasonable progess has been made. .

Until then, lemme know what you think.

ERIC

nice work on the car! mine was very bad, my whole rockers and quarters were missing along with my floors and frame rails. my fenders also got replaced. i really saved my car from the wreckers. most ppl woulda crushed it. that would be a dream to work on. keep up the pix and updates!