HybridZ

It Wont Idle "im Gunna Burn It "

REDNECK

HEY GUYS

I GOT AN L24E AAND IT WONT IDLE PROPLY I'VE CLEENED THE T/B THINKING THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE PROB AND ITS STILL GOAT ROOTIN

ITS GOT NEW LEADS PLUGS DIZZY CAP ROTOR BUTTON COIL .

THE INJECTORS WHERE CLEANED 6 WEEKS AGO

TANK AND FUEL LINES WHERE DONE TO

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO CAUSE OF THIS I GOT TO POSPONE THE L28 F54 AND N42 SWAP

HELP ME OR I'M SETTIN THE THING ALIGHT

CHEERS

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Check the seal of the rubber boot (and not the hood... j/k) between the AFM and intake/throttle body. Any leaks there will cause the ECM to see a different value compared to actual airflow past the AFM. Also ensure the Idle Air Valve/motor is sealed well. Just today I resolved both of these problems with a BMW I was selling. It was an '84 with the same Bosch Jetronic setup that you have. Other manifold vacuum leaks can screw up your idle too.

Hmmm. Thought we could get away easy there... I'd try picking up a spare Idle Air Valve from the junkyard and swapping that out. I'm not sure how many Nissan vehicles used the same model valve (my Nissan FI experience is very limited). Most manufacturers have the same, or at least an interchangeable one, installed in their entire model range. Maybe you can find the correct parameters for it and test it electrically.

do you have the injector notches made on the l24 head? If not the injectors could just be shooting fuel at an alluminum wall:ugg:

It'll be a notched E88 head if it's a Skyline motor.

While it's running, move the flap on the AFM, see if that makes a difference. Also check your TPS. This is assuming your fuel pressure is correct and spark is all good. Does it rev ok?

The black spacers can be cracked, but the injectors should be sealing with the intake manifold, by the use of the O-rings at the tips of the injectors.

I think you either have a vacuum leak, or you need to set your idle air screw out or something...

of course you need to run through the efi bible... make sure all connections are good

i noticed that the black spacers that the injectors sit in are cracked will that cause the problem ??

Could do if the injectors are being pushed onto the o-rings on an angle and aren't sealing right, causing a vacuum leak.

The black spacers can be cracked, but the injectors should be sealing with the intake manifold, by the use of the O-rings at the tips of the injectors.

I think you either have a vacuum leak.

Check for vacuum leaks by getting a can of engine start or something, and start spraying it around one area at a time. If the idle settles down, there's your problem (if not your engine may look a little cleaner!!)

or you need to set your idle air screw out or something...

of course you need to run through the efi bible... make sure all connections are good

That'd be second on my list, check your base idle screws, then get your hands on the EFI bible for your car and go through that one connection at a time if the idle screws do nothing.

Also check your fuel pressure if you can, your timing, and your manifold vacuum, as that may give you a good indication of what's going on. If it's down low, there's a good chance either there's something majorly wrong internally, or there's a vacuum leak you haven't found so far (even with the spray trick)