HybridZ

Noob to the whole megasuirt idea

PapaCreech

hello everybody *big wave, eats moon pie*

alright been searching and stuff and now im looking for experienced opinions.

i want to do away with my afm so i can run my intake liek i want blah blah blah. and have been scared of the megasquirt due to the complication of it. but from what ive read i think its sounds a alot worse than waht it is. so iwas wondering, would this be useful for a basicly stock setup, within 2 weeks going to purchase msa60mmTB adn slapit on there, runnning a 2.75 exhaust, 78 l28by the way,(non turbo). And how is the ease of use once you start tuning with it? and whats the installation time on it,not asking for specifis down to hours but, is it a weekend job or a borrow wifes car and park it in the shade and grab a beer job?thanks for the help ahead of time!

ron :D

It took a day(a long day) to install on Prox's car, but that is after I have installed about 5 other systems into various cars. I would say a couple weekends is pretty realistic if you have all the parts available and have never worked with MS before. The best thing is that if you can keep the option of switching back to the stock ECU in case things go terribly wrong. That way if you are a month into this and can't get anything to work just cut your losses and put back the stock ECU until you can figure things out. Don't laugh, it took over a month to get the V8 TPI engine to run correctly. It only took me 2 hours to install MS into my Talon and have it running, but that is after many installs, having everything planned out up front and having a wiring harness adapter that alowed me to plug in to the stock wiring.

its not as bad as you'd think. took me 8hrs to build the MS3.0pcb, another 4 hrs to modify a stock wiring harness, to make it plug and play. then it took a day to install (I had to swap out dizzys and it took a few tries to get it phased in correctly) took maybe 2 or 3 days to get it running driveable then the rest has been tuning. If Ihad done fuel only instead of jumping in with both feet and going for fuel AND spark, it would have taken half the time.

so far sounds better than what i expected

im not worried about spark right now just fuel, i dont know how realistic that is since the "while im at bug" is right there lurking for its next victim!

thanks guys. If anyone else has anymore advice please through it in here, busy reading the TS manual for MS.:ugg: :ugg: , pretty much latin right now but figuring it out. Where di eveyone buy there kit from? premade or homemade? Thanks!