HybridZ

Best place to put the relay board in a 240Z

24OZ

Guys,

I performed a search and couldnt find anything, I apologise if i missed it.

Where would the best place be to locate my relay board? I have been advised that most people put it in the engine bay, but I am a little concerned since the relay board does not come with any cover, and may get dirty in the bay. Should i not be concerned?

I was thinking that it might not be a great idea to place the board close on the inner fender which is opposite the exhaust manifold due to heat and it would be preferable to place on the oil filter side of the bay.

Thoughts experiences etc... Appreciated!

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind offer Vash, but I went for the easiest solution which MS could offer, and that was their ASSEMBLED RELAY BOARD, yeah i never even bothered to build it either :lol:

Looking forward to joining you MS boys soon.

If the car does not have AC, you could mount it on the passenger firewall inside the cabin. Just route the wiring along the factory harness. I did the same thing with my MSD, and the additional fuse block to run my stereo, elec fuel pump, MSD, AFR meter and all the other crap we run.

Thanks for the idea, I should have pointed out that I am from the UK and your passenger side is our drivers side. So i guess there may not be room with the steering colum and all the other wiring under their.

Did you mount it in the cabin, so its away from moisture and heat etc?

Thanks for the idea, I should have pointed out that I am from the UK and your passenger side is our drivers side. So i guess there may not be room with the steering colum and all the other wiring under their.

Did you mount it in the cabin, so its away from moisture and heat etc?

Yes I did, All of my electric add ons (MSD, relays, etc) are mounted inside the cabin to keep tham out of the elements, as well as to see the fire thats coming :D

bucksint3lq6.jpg