HybridZ

Help with manifold~

eightytwoturbo

Well I just replaced my intake/exhaust manifold gasket on my 82 280zx turbo and I take her down the road for a while, and then i lay into the gas and let off after it warms up some.

Soon as I did this I hear this popping like spitting out air coming near my manifold now no idea what it is, possibly a bolt fallen out or loose?

The car itself still runs great but I have this odd noise now and its really LOUD! I dont think it blew this new gasket and honestly if it did im sad.. Because it was alot of work, and I definately can hear it coming from near the manifold sounds like air pushing out, so if anyone knows what this could be let me know :icon11:

If a gasket is leaking you'll probably never get it to seal again without replacement. When installing the intake/exhaust I run all the fasteners up snug. Then I always torque the exhaust bolts/nuts down first. The upper intake nuts are done last. My experience has been that this greatly reduces potential leaks especially with a header (not applicable here though).