HybridZ

Rear strut top speakers

rp975

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I am after some info on where I can buy some speaker enclosures that sit above the rear strut towers on an s30.

Has anyone used them, and if so what did you think of them?

Cheers

Rob

Guest 280ZForce

yup those are the plastic pieces that cover the seat belt retractor indeed. I don't have my seatbelts anymore, but I still use those covers to keep it looking clean.

Click pics to enlarge them.

You see in this pic I have them off and you can see the red mount where the seat belt retractor used to mount to.

th_IMG_1836.jpg

Then this pic I have everything back in.

th_IMG_1921.jpg

You're not mistaken, they are seat belt retractors. I've seen them in a Z at the pick'n'pull.

Actually, I forgot the smiley.

Being I have an early '74 which came with the C pillar mounted retractors and an early '77(yes, there is a difference between early and late in this year model) which has the rear strut tower retractors, well... you get the idea.

I've also looked into using them for speakers, but as stated already tweeters is about all you have room for.

Now switching over the retractors from my '74 to my '77 and then gutting the '77's to just use the cover as an enclosure would give enough room, but then mounting the speaker becomes the issue.