HybridZ

Intresting JTR Adapter problem

tkach

Hello all. Recently I ordered the JTR DAT 110-2.0 adapter for my 75Z and it fits. However the 110-2.0 comes with 10MM bolt holes and for whatever reason the flange coming off my diff uses 8MM bolt holes. I emailed JTR and have no response as of yet however I am looking into all my options, I have thought about taking the diff flange to a machine shop and getting the holes bored out to 10MM ; however I fear this may decrease the integrity of the part. Has anybody run into this problem before? Any suggestions? I’ve spent the last hour trying to find something on this in the search section.

Tkach

The issue that confusing me the most is the fact the 110-2.0 adapter is specific to 75 z cars and does fit the odd rectangular shape. However it has the 10MM bolt holes and the Diff has the 8MM , now I guess I must search around to find what other diff came with that flange. I went to my local Nissan dealership and they said the 75 used the 8mm bolts.

I've got absolutely no idea what the JTR 110-2.0 is. If we're talking about the connection between the diff and the driveshaft I can confirm that my 1975 and a few other people I've talked to all had 10mm bolts holding it together.

1975 was apparently the only year for 10mm. Every other year was 8mm, and the Nissan lists 8mm for all years. One of the guys at Courtesy Parts said he just pulled the driveshaft and diff flange from another year and installed them on his 1975. So if you can find a 1975 diff flange that would work. I'd probably drill out the flange you've got or get another adapter from JTR.

Pop N Wood i wish it was that simple. However the bolt circle dimater and the pilot diamter align perfectly. That is what is confusing me. somthing besides the bolt size should be off but its not. I guess its find a new flange or bore mine out 2mm per bolt hole.