HybridZ

Ported intake and Weber TB questions.

phantaz

Here are some pictures of my n47 intake i ported with my dremel to use with the 60 cfm TB that was attched on a junk yard car. all that was there was the TB for some reason. All the linkage was gone and anything attached was gone.. was just the TB so i dont have any linkage or installation instructions.

oh..it did have the reducer attched to the front so it will actually attach to the stock rubber inlet.

i mounted the throttle body and used a felt tip to give me a close outline on the intake and got after it with my poor misused dremel =).

i gave it a slight bevel in the porting so hopefully that will smooth the airflow but you cant probably tell with the cell phone pics.

question 1. Is there anything else i can do to this intake to help with airflow? someway to smooth out the runners with just basic hand tools?? im not looking for weird possiblities just things that people have done to help. I realize that porting the intake around the TB is probably the only thing but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

question 2. This TB is a 60cfl 2 4b . thats the stamping on the edge near the weber symbol. ive read a few threads that mention having this TB but does anyone of installation instructions?? or is there a installation exploded view online somewhere??? i cant find any other numbers on it to maybe call for instructions from weber. So can anyone point me in the right direction with installing this?? since it was already in a zcar im assuming it is the right type and has a TPS on the side already so it must have ran. but would really like to make sure to install this properly without a month of trial and error. it has outlets and inlet that dont match up to the stock TB so no real help there and im afraid so peices might be missing off the TB.

hope you like the pics... that porting without air tools is a PAIN, but im very happy with the results.

FIrst pic is a actual camera photo with everything attached. everything else is cell phone pic.

11-2-2006-03small.jpg

2 pics of Ported intake....dont have a before and after. hindsite is a killer

6432a904cc81.jpge5243b6a59b2.jpg

TB as i found...this is the bottom if it was mounted on the intake...TPS is black blur on right.

and a pic of the side where the linkage attaches but it different from stock?? wire maybe?

f8180a8dccf8.jpg8326cdd82bd7.jpg

This is obviously inlet without the reducer and a pic of the reducer

ffa3c0860d94.jpgb4d26830d4f4.jpg

33 views and no responses... im starting to think im not loved =(

no one has installed one of these TBs??

i havnt found any info on this TB at Webers websites except for the possibility this was used in VW's for an performance upgrade since the z and the older VW's use a bosch style EFI. any other clues out there people??

I havnt a clue but it looks really cool! I love the color on your manifold, what color is it?

Its a brake caliper color from autozone... dont remember the brand. Just wanted high temp so the paint doesnt melt underneath and near the intake runners near the exhaunst.

Hate those pesky underhood fires while driving =0)~