HybridZ

Caprice Swap

I got my Caprice for $1000.00 and that was a bargain for the area I live. I used almost everything from the engine compartment and agree with Piston that it would have cost me well over that to buy just the engine, harness and other things I took as separate parts. I sold it to a local JY for $100.00 after I was done with it.

From I've seen these cars are becoming more desirable and the prices are rising or holding steady.

For what it's worth I argued with myself for a couple weeks about keeping the Caprice and finding another donor. It was a blast to drive (even with a bad 3rd gear). It drove like a small sports car with the responsive engine and tightly tuned suspension. My wife was the deciding factor, she said I could only have 1 project car so I had to choose one or the other, obviously the Z won out.

Wheelman

Guest timmy72240

dude i bought my 87 caprice complete with bullit holes with a 5.7 and 700r4 used motor trans and drive shaft re ringed changed bearings intake carb ,smoked every one at sfv street races including dodge viper rt 10..........also bro bought complete car for 50.bucks plus price of tow 60. before killing the caprice me and some friends were pulling some local people over then burning tires as we passed them...no joke real funny ♥♥♥♥.