HybridZ

rough idle, rb25

bryan01

my car's got a REALLY rough idle, it will barely hold idle without me giving it some throttle. i see 2 plugs on my throttle boddie, one is the TPS and one's the throttle switch (sensing full and idle positions only). my throttle switch wires were cut right at the plug so the sensor side and harness side of the plug are there and plugged in, just no wires. i cant find any cut wires on my harness and after looking at a wiring digram i traced the throttle switch back to the white plug inside the car, that doesnt connect to anything. it doesnt go back to the computer (unless there are interconnections within the white plug on the harness side itself) or anywhere. i'm looking at a pic of someone else's throttle boddie and it looks like both sensors are connected in the same area. is this true?

can someone post a close up pic of their throttle boddie (stock intake plenum if possible) and describe where on the harness the wires connect to the TPS and throttle switch. i should be able to see the cut wires to this one plug, but maybe they were taped up (i havent untaped this portion of the engine harness)

yeah i thought i'd let everyone know i solved the problem so people werent trying to figure it out in vain. i actually read a post a few mins ago about chris' starting issues about the idle switch that apparently you dont even need connected; which is different than the throttle sensor which you do need connected.

to be more specific it was the huge vac line on the back (near the firewall) of the upper intake plenum. i dont have an exhaust on the car yet so it was hard to hear, but i felt a huge gush of air everytime i hit the throttle ... woops ...