HybridZ

What next? Stuck at first hurdle

24OZ

Hey guys,

Let me be the first to admit that I have read and re-read the MS bible but I am still having problems.:oops:

So far i have a preassembled MS I with V3.0 board purchased from DIYAutotune.

I also asked them to perform the mod so i can directly fire the coil from my MS. I have therefore not Flashed the firmware on the ECU since they state that this is what you need to do to perform the mod.. See... Using the MS-I PCBv3 with MSnS-E firmwarehttp://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

The first problem which I have encountered is that I have downloaded Megatune and i have also downloaded a friends MAP and when I open it, Megatune opens and says..." "although the file was read successfully, there were 477 warnings written to the audit.log file, you may want to review that first befire you send and burn the data."

How does one review the Audit log? I have tried opening it by going into the folder but when I open it I cant seem to find how it is reviewed. I have also tried deleting it to start over again, and it deletes only to reappear once Megatune is run again. I have tried deleting it many times and low and behold it reappears.

I also plugged in my MS 1 into my PC with the Stimulator connected and I received the following message:

"Controller Code Version does not match signature in Megasquirt-I.ini

(see Audit log for where the above file was found)

Expected "0x14" (found in ini file)

Received "" (from controller)

Table corruption may occur, this is usually a very serious problem

Terminate Megatune now?"

Please can someone help me decipher, in lay mans terms, what exactly is going on and what I should do next. Thank you.

In your .ini files for megatune, you have to set it for MSnS-Extra. It's either custom.ini or settings.ini, can't remember off the top of my head. Also, there are like two copies. You only edit a certain one. There is a .BAT or program you can run that should open up the program to edit the correct config files.

Thank you very much guys.

I uninstalled Megatune and you were correct, I did not have it set to MSN Extra on the Code Variant section :oops: , I have now set it to MSN Extra.

I have gone down the list and made the relevant changes to the other setting on that page also and pressed SAVE!

But now, when I double click the Megatune icon on my desktop I get a pop up warning box.

"ERROR:Megatune.ini:0034 - The included file 'MSnS-extra.ini' could not be opened. MegaTune is terminating."

It will now not open MegaTune for me, unless I Uninstall and reinstall it.

Help!:icon7:

Thanks very much Matt, very much appreciated.

I'm sorry guys for the unsystematic approach at times, it is very overwhelming for me but the more i read, talk to people, and play around the better it becomes. I'm not really that great with computer technology so this is a major mountain for me, and thanks again for your patience. I am a quick learner though and have every will to conquer this mountain... :)

I'm sorry guys for the unsystematic approach at times

If his comment was a sarcastic one it was inappropriate. We have all been overwhelmed and asked a lot of questions at some. We always need to remember what it was like when we started and use a nicer approach with new people. That keeps everyone interested in the hobby and its all about having fun. Good luck with the rest of your install. I have made sarcastic comments also, I am working on that.