HybridZ

New fuel pump for me 240z

badjuju

I just bought a 73 with 97k miles on it, the three things i've found wrong with it are a busted up door seal, a broken rear fuel pump, and a 4 barrel holley that needs tuning.

I'm wondering which fuel pump I should get: napaonline lists a solid state cube type and a solid state cylindrical type, the car is currently 300 miles away and will be dropped off at my house when i complete the last payment. I would like to order the part but I don't know which one to order. is there any wafpry to know other than just looking?

Also, since later on i will be swapping an l28et or possibly a much bigger engine (ls1 or something of the sort), would it be wise to just get a walbro or stock l28et fuel pump and an adjustable fpr and just regulate it down to 4 psi or so?

The EFI pumps require a return back to the tank This always keeps cool fuel going through the pump for lubrication. Not sure how long it would last, or if a 4psi regulator could handle the pressure of an EFI pump. Just go buy and electric low pressure pump. The cylindrical type are better if you ask me.

it should not overwork the pump... the pump is going to run as long as the car is running REGUARDLESS. the pump is going to pump the 30 something psi REGUARDLESS. the regulator just puts all the extra pressure back into the tank. how would that overwork the pump? it wouldnt. if you run the car 30 minutes the pump will pump 30 minutes at the same psi it always pumped... just more pressure will return back to the tank.

Pressure does not return back to the tank, fuel does. There is zero pressure in the return line (flow only). The constant flow of fuel through the pump keeps it cool and lubricated. Running an EFI pump without a return, will shorten its life because fuel is not continuously flowing through it.