HybridZ

Paint and interior nearly complete

Griz

IMG_0279.JPG The yellow Z reincarnated from my initial purchase in 1978. I found the BSR spoiler and put it with the G nose I already had. I used PPG Vibrance Yella and it really jumps in the sunlight. As soon as I get it roadable, I'll post some outdoor picts. More photos in My Photos.

I like the color, too, but I paid for it. I really want to get to Heartland sometime next year. We also have a group at work that is planning to rent Hallett for a track day, so I'm in with that, too.

The car was at the local paint shop, so I don't own those cars in the background. Oh well. They do high end restoration and hot rod stuff, so I went there for my paint.

Davy - Thanks for the kind words and the bigger pic.

The flares are from back in the days (1977) when I picked up the Gnose, hood and other glass parts for $125. I thought it was a good deal, even then. I do not know the vintage or history of the flares, but most of the parts were from Bob Sharp racing Advertizement from Car & Driver, Article on "When Stock Won't Do", 1977). The original nose and fenders were seperate, but this time around, I had them bolted, glassed and bonded together. The entire front clip comes off with about 18 bolts. Not a simple removal, but still relatively easy to do.

The front spoiler I managed to salvage from Motorsport Z and then fitted to the nose.

NKC_280Z - I'll be in Olathe sometime over Christmas. If I take the car, I'll let you know....