HybridZ

n00b seeking shop for a rebuild in GA

OvErMiNd

my 70 240z has over 300,000 miles on the bottom end and has been running at 340hp/402 ft lbs @ 20 psi on c16 and maybe a bit more on special occasions consistently for six years. It smokes off and on at idle and I figure it's past time to get the block rebuilt. I've yet to decide on pistons and all, but I was wondering who uses what shop here in Georgia.

Any help on finding someone reliable, fast, and relatively okay on pricing is greatly appreciated.

l28et/p90 never rebuilt with 300k+ miles.

(Sidenote: compression is well within factory specs! Amazing eh?)

-Jason

a few rebuilders would be good to know as currently i know or trust no one in my area, north georgia but i plan gett paul to rework my head and then do a few other things comp. is good little smoke on start up good power but ill check around. I have some family around atl area that are gearheadsd ill send them a email right now!

ron

"Any help on finding someone reliable, fast, and relatively okay on pricing is greatly appreciated."

I noticed you left out "competent", which is good, because "competent" and "fast" are mutually exclusive. As are "Good" and "relatively okay on pricing". Balanced Performance in Suwanee don't do machine work, but they are conveniently located next door to Sunbelt Performance Engines, who would be the best from a competency standpoint, but of course one of the worst for fast and cheap. Goza in downtown Acworth would be your next best bet.

I've heard from another Z owner that Balanced did well with his car, but they took twice as long and ended up charging him way more than they quoted.

Goza I've yet to check out, but I'll give them a call.

What about shops in NC? My parents still live in Charlotte and I'm usually in that area once a month.

Anyway, I appreciate the info guys!

-Jason

Goza is good, but they do a lot of V8 work...Eddie Radatz sends all of his machineing to there...

i tell you this, called Advanced Auto Machine, they are 200 yards south east of Goza, they did my engine this time, as well as Lt1Will's LT1twin turbo...

they did a great job on the L-series, and they also have a lot of experience with L28s due to Fouts bro's Datsun sending all the heads back in the 70s to have the valve guides changed out...

I've spoken to you on the phone before Mike. Small world, I suppose. I called a couple times about powedercoating 17'' ap2 s2000 wheels.

Anyways, I'll hit up Eddie and also AAM. I appreciate all the responces. I'm liking the forum so far!

-Jason

Cool. I'm getting a new 3'x3'x3' oven delivered today. I may be less reluctant to do wheels in the future, as I have slowly upgraded all of my equipment.