HybridZ

How much should I pay for a 240Z

Royal Flush

I'm currently looking at a Z that has a N20 Tank, apparently has Ferrari Seats (Idk how to verify exactly if they are real) and some other mods (I think K&N Filters for one of the minor things).

Its really my dad's friend's son's car, but hes putting it on the market, he said just take it from his hands but I honestly feel bad and dont want to cheat the guy (His wife just divorced him too) so I was wondering how much a Z that is in pretty good condition is worth.

Heres what I know, the outside is beautifully maintained, the headlights have the plastic covers already on it (which I think I like) the seats apparently have Ferrari Seats, it has an N20 Tank in it, The dash and steering wheel is stock, The engine is still an L24 I belive, (Do L28's have the three little carbouraters? I dont think so but I might be wrong) That is rebuilt.

It looks like this, without the white stripe

1552198692_l.jpg

Also, does anywhere sell a stencil of that white stripe that says 240Z? I love it so much with the bright red color, but yeah it pretty much looks like that with Headlight covers and the color is like the same.

So how much is a Z like this generally worth? Idk the year but I'm sure no drastic changes happened between 71-73 (Is that right?)

Obviously I'm a total noob at this and hope to learn on this and my 91 Infiniti Q45

About half way down the page on the left is a link that you are looking for

http://zhome.com/

A new, uncracked dash on a 240 is worth about $1000. Straight bumpers are pricey too. Check the rust carefully, especially on the underside. If all of that is good, than the car is well worth $4K. If you have any skills as a mechanic than the condition of the engine is almost immaterial. You could pick up a spare on this site for a few hundred bucks. It is the condtion of the body's that really determine the worth.