HybridZ

5 lug front conversion

Guest RON JONES

Ron! come on youve been around long enough to look into the search function icon_cool.gif

toyota 4runner caliper on 84 300 turbo hubs with a 1"+ spacer and thats the cheap way.

flamedevil.gif

oh yeah i missed the "easy" way.....

send me $$ and it will arrive on your doorstep ready to bolt on.. thats the EASY way icon_biggrin.gif

Guest RON JONES

I was lazy malebitchslap.gif Mike,what bolt pattern do I end up with and how much are the parts?Does the wheel stay in the same location with this set up?Or is it pushed out or in a little?I'm leaving for Thanksgiving today so I may not respond till late sunday.If You want email Me the price.Thanks,Ron

its nissan pattern which = FORD .

chevy might be able to be done with a camaro hub as i have "heard" that bearings are similar sized but i wasnt interested as the rear has no room to match it up. maybe a thing for scottie to try .

yes the front will come out about 1" from where it is now.

Jim (blkmgk) can tell you his rim offset that fits under the stock body i think it was 20mm? with a 17x8?

the spacers alone are $150 with bolts

calipers you can get for less from a local parts place IF you want to hose them on thecore side and give nissan cores (assuming they dont look) i buy cores thus my costs are higher.

best bet is to find a set of used turbo hubs and rotors and then get the spacers to make it fit.

Guest Anonymous

I would take $100 for the set plus shipping. you will pay that for just the hubs most places and the rotors are fine.....I was haveing second thoughts about selling them couse I need to upgrade the brakes anyway.... let me know....If you don't want them I 'll just use em on my Z. I am going solid axle in rear and want to make front five lug too.

Jake

Guest RON JONES

I'll take them.My zip is 06478 in CT.Maybe You could find out what shiping is going to be next week,and we can get this deal going.If You want to convert to 5 lug,why are You geting rid of them?Just wondering.Thanks.Ron

there is no rear hub to bolt on to convert......

you redrill the stock one.

ONE day myself or someone else here may make the required bearing spacers to use a 300zx hub in a early z but its pretty complicated to do and i havent seen much interest in it as of yet.

oh and it wont be cheap... not near as cheap as drilling

quote:

Originally posted by 280 NOTPD4:

I forgot to mention that my car is an 82 280 ZX.

but I guess it doesn't make a difference huh.

70-89 front spindle/bearings are the same, some other variations but all hubs slide on, offsets etc vary.....you then need brakes up front as the 5lug hubs will alter that on your 280ZX.

yeah for the rears the ZX is no different. no bolt on method that is cheap.

redrilling is relatively easy and there are no issues as long as you drill the pattern perfectly.

i havent compared ZX rear hub bearings to a Z lately but i dont remember them being much different.

well i guess who ever told you that was wrong. icon_wink.gif

i've done a few cars here and quite a few hybriders have done it now as well so its definitely possible.

for a chevy pattern IMO NO... that is larger than the nissan/ford/toyota/NSX pattern of 5 on 4.5"