HybridZ

I just installed MSD ignition to my z!!!

Overkill Z

Took me bout an hour to install and test it into my z i got to drive it around today...its really nice to have the soft touch rev limiter..but i still need to buy an attachment to make my tach work (I THINK) anyone know if i do or not? cause there is a way to make tacs work without gettn it i just dunno which wire is my tach input wire next to the coil...i got the 6AL system with the soft touch rev limiter..very nice...for 150 bucks with a blaster coil never used! im happy with it and its a clean install...

Yes MSD does make a tach adapter that works in the 240Z and yes I would recomend it. It works beautifully and I have even seen it used to make the tach work on Haltech and Electramotive equipped Z's. It looks like this http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5599/bucksint3le2.jpg[/img]"]bucksint3le2.jpg

I wish the pic had better resolution so you could get the part no off of it. Call MSD, they only make two adapters and they will know which one to use. Remember, we have an inductive loop tach.

Don't know if you're reallly attached to the stock tach, but I got around this problem by slaping in an el cheepo 3 3/8" 'IeQuis' Tach from Wallmart. It sounds like a cheezy thing, but it really does look decent. (whiteface/red needle.. actually resembles an Autometer guage...) Simple hookup right to the tach output off the MSD box, and it fits just nice in the stock Z dash hole.

The tach is an inductive pickup type. Run one of the coil wires to this, then back to the coil and your tach will work.

i know about the adapter i was just hopn to make the stock tach work... explain what i gotta do zguy... i just dont know what u want me to do... u mean run to the adabter and then back to the coil right? there no way i can just hook up the wires? by the way msd is nice...makes the car run smoooth as butter but im sure u all know that already lol