HybridZ

Body is getting re-done, and i have the doors to work with

matteo

i'm back on break and am thinking about working on my doors. i really like how lots of doors these days don't have that part on the very top to where the window cranks. like convertable doors, with nothing around the window. This must be possible with the z. would it be as easy at just grinding that metal surrounding portion off and putting thicker weatherstripping around where the window closes on the car?

has anyone done this?

also, is there a good site where someone has put poppers on their doors or electric windows?

-as for the car. it is right now completely stripped and blasted. and i have lots of pictures of the problematic areas.

P1010333-1.jpg

P1010349.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010340.jpg

So the plan is to weld in some steel squared piping for the frame rails. kind of like what mull did. and weld in some new floor pans. then replace the quarter panels. and replace that rear-most peice on the car, below where the tail lights are.

so i'm asking... what is the most reliable, cheapest place to get all of these replacement parts?

Thanks a lot.

-matteo