HybridZ

Turbo advice

schmitty

I recently acquired all of the parts for my turbo swap on my '78 280z 5-spd (minus the harness). I bought the turbo, intake/exhuast manifolds, t-body, alternator, j-pipe, down tube, oil pan, fuel rail w/injectors, valve cover, fuel pump, afm, full gasket set, swastika wheels, and eccs with the Jim Wolf P.O.P. upgrade package. All this already taken apart for $150. Minimal shaft play on the turbo and all of the studs are present. The sticker on the eccs states that the upgrade is for a 82-83 turbo MT. Question #1. Are there any differences in the wiring harnesses?

Also, the gentleman i bought the parts off of has basically the rest of the complete car (minus the frame) - dash, fenders, suspension, B/W trannie, etc. It was an '82. I have already decided not to purchase and put in the B/W trannie as i have opted to stick with my low milage 5 spd. (i have a new dual friction clutch to help handle the extra power). He also has a P90a head as well that needs new valve seals. Q. #2. Should i bother with the extra cost of having that head machined and reworked or should i stick with the low milage stocker in my car now (I do know that my exhaust ports are round, but i understand that the square port exhaust manifold will work). I will be installing a Schneider cam and springs as well. Any personal advice or suggestions as to the best route or anything i have overlooked is appreciated.