HybridZ

Adjusting SU's

260pos

:malebitch Ok, so I’m going to show off my lack of knowledge! SU’s. Might as well be Greek.

My car runs like cr@p, but it does run. It idles fairly smooth, but has such a huge flatspot coming off idle, I have to feather the throttle to get it to accelerate.

Last night I was out freezing in the garage smoking, I decided to pull the air filter off. (I know, I’ve had the car for three months now, and I haven’t even done this yet, I suck!)

I stuck my finger in the front carb and the slide? (looks like a motorcycle carb) lifts about 3/8’s of an inch, go to the rear and it lifts about 7/8’s of a inch (before any resistance, both slides will lift all the way up). This can’t be normal!

How do I “rough†adjust these carbs? Or is my motor just that jacked that they are synched like this?

The motor cranks steady, so the compression must be close, and I sprayed a can of carb cleaner around looking for vacuum leaks, and fixed a few. No dramatic change.

AH! The front carb has oil up to the first line, the rear carb doesn't! dang newbie... Marvel Mystery oil eh? Sounds fitting with my SU experiance! How do i drain the old mystery fluid out, as what is in there is a mystery (30 wt, atf, dog urine- Who knows?)