HybridZ

update on my 280z(t)

I'm so thankful for this website! I have (almost) completed my turbo swap in my 280z, it's tuned good enough to drive, and I drove it 120 miles yesterday!

Boost leaks out of my ghetto I/C pipes like crazy but it still has great response and very little lag. (I can't wait till next week when I get the piping finished!) I'm only doing stock 6psi until the motor is run in and the tuning is perfect, plus I want to see how well I run on stock boost with megasquirt.

Plus, my Innovate LC-1 just arrived on the ship today! I'm gonna install it today and start the real tuning.

I can't believe how tractable this thing is....so much torque...not much HP right now because I'm running it rich at high throttle openings and pulling a lot of timing (don't even want to risk the POSSIBILITY of detonation right now, engine has less than 500mi on it, supposedly)

The only real snag in all this is those hydraulic lifters. They won't shut up, I'll tackle that when I retorque the head once I hit the 500mi mark.

Damn Dwarves Dawdling Down Under my Damn Cam Cover. (say that fast i dare ya)

I tried Rislone, and it seems to work. Maybe I just have to put some miles on it. (It sat for 8 months after I got it, and who knows how long before that?)

Oh well, pics coming soon (will take some of the car today and go to kinko's tonight)

Yes, I know this thread is worthless without pics. Soon remedied.

P.S.

I'll post my VE table, Timing table, and Acceleration tables here, as its a great baseline. (the car is basically as tractable as the stock EFI with these settings)

The cold-start still needs work, and like I said before it's set up to run rich and with very conservative timing, great for breaking in an engine.

I have the stock turbo with an intercooler and 440cc injectors if that helps.