HybridZ

V8 350 and what supercharger cam to use weiand 144 supercharger

gretchen/jason

So im confused which to use i had a set of cast iron heads ported . With a .490 lift on the exhaust i got 235 cfm of flow with a 1.5 exhaust valve bout the same flow for intake using a 1.9 intake valve .

Now im tossed up comp cams nos/blower cam or the cam weiand suggests from lunati as far as the cam $$$$$ is no object at all so as is rocker arms and lifters oh push rods to .

but any ideas on cams what does everyone else use

Jason

I have always found the TECH line at Crane Cams to be very helpful. I know most of the better cam builders have tech lines to call. I've never run a blower but have always wanted one. I'm idea rich and cash poor on all of my builds..LOL Blowers work with rpm so build with high rpm in mind... maximize flow with bigger valves, large tube headers and good hot spark to ignite the large volume of induction forced in by the blower. Good pistons and a healthy bottom end are a must if you run high boost. The 144 is limited so I think it is a good street choice and was intended to be a weekend warrior streetable piece... Enjoy!!!