HybridZ

Questions about my Maxima N47...cam oiler(s)

OlderThanMe

Well today I just got a Maxima N47 head with the 39cc-ish chambers and had some questions...

Since it has an internally oiled cam what would I have to do to convert it to an externally oiled cam?

I have an E88 sitting right there with an externally oiled cam and am wondering if I can just swap everything over to the MN47 and then have the cam towers line-bored straight?

This head would give me about a 10.2:1 CR on my L26 with L24 flattops. If I could swap over the slightly larger L26 cam and tower/oiler bar I could get my car running in no time at all.

I have 93 octane gas here so that is not a problem...

I was running about 9.2:1 with the stock E88 and L24 flattop pistons but want a little more power...This doesn't have to hold together forever...just a year or so to have some fun on the weekends until I can get a turbo motor together.

THANKS guys!

BTW...this head has 201,000 miles on it!!! The cam is just about dead...

• Administrators

Yes, you can just swap over the cam towers, spray bar, and cam from your earlier head. No mods, no align boring/honing, etc. It is just a simple bolt on swap.

Ps. Do make it a point to put the cam towers in the same position as they were removed, i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5,