HybridZ

Adding 6 inches to wheelbase

Would a six inch incease to the frame between the firewall and the front crossmember be worth the trouble? With the Jag V-12 the axle center line is about 22 inches from back of engine. Move it to 28 inches you have 3/4 of the engine behind the CL. When I build my frame it will not be a big deal to add the extra inches. Cut the interfenders about 2 1/2" infront of the firewall and add my 6 inches and reinforcements. I've done that on 4000hp locomotives, I'd more than likely over kill on that. It's the GTO 250 body that makes me nervous. Compound curves and all. Add another vent while I'm at it. Back to the main subject. would the weight shift be worth the work? It's about 680lbs 34 inches long. bonk.gif

Guest JAMIE T

There is a discussion on here somewere about that. I brought it up awhile back because I wanted to make a 250GTO look more like the real thing. I was thinking of stretching it about 4" though. I'm not doing the GTO right now, so I still have plenty of time to think about it. Do a search on the Deathstar to see what you come up with. Good Luck.

I made up some lower wisbones that moved the lower point where the strut joins the wisbone forward. This obvoisly increases the caster, but that may not be a bad thing on the z. This was on my old corolla. It extended the wheel base around 3 inches. Do something similar and a little massage on the fire wall and it may save you a bit of work.

Douglas

Thanks guys,Did a search and reality dealt me a slap to the face malebitchslap.gif Speedracer talked about air cleaner probs on his GTO. All my planning and designning I forgot the carb clearance. Not even close. My front carbs would be clear out of the hood. Main idea of the GTO was for the nice lines of the body, and I won't mess that up.(FOR SALE one Jag V-12 with tranny, ECU and extra starter $800.00)

Staledale - There might be one other choice - a Ferrari 330 GTO. There were a couple of 4 litre GTO's made like serial number 4561 http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All.Ferraris/Detail/4561GT.250GTO.htm They had a larger bump in the hood because of the larger engine. The rest was basically the same as the 250 GTO so your car would be quite unique.

Just a thought.