HybridZ

t56 sounds like a grinder in 5th and 6th..

i know about the bearing clearance. the manuals say its not neccesary to clearcance the bearings as long as they are not removed. im not sure if its true or not but what their trying to say kinda makes sense since its in its original pressed dept, its not neccesary to clearance it since it was never removed or moved out of the original spec. does that make sense??? hard to explain.

Your assuming it was correct from the factory and that nobody, including the guy you got it from never messed with it. Neither is a good assumption.

im sure on this, this guys never touched the thing. rich kid, bought a brand new one from the dealer. wish i could of had the one on the crate. if it wasnt right from the factory, this thing would of never been in the car and never would of functioned to make it through the years. bearings on the t56 dont just go out of place and misalign, unless its been opened or messed with because the tranny case hold everything so tight in place. t56 are build tough and rare to break from my learning/searching experience. i think bad things might of happened when i opened it! this guys just happens to have a 95 transam lt1 t56 from his mom. when i first picked it up, this thing has no signs of loosen bolts and lock tight still on the 2 allen screws, im sure its never been rebuild or opened before from my point of view. well, if its been opened or messed with, i got jack. plus i only got it for 200 bucks on a hustle. worth a learning rebuild experience! to find out i didnt do a good enough job i guess.