HybridZ

AguyandaRedhead's RB240z..

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

OK I will try and post a start to finish on this project. I have been working on it on and off for the last 24-36 months..

The Car was bought in Las Vegas and brought back to Tulsa for the restoration and upgrades. I bought the car from a guy in Vegas that called his buisiness Rust Free Cars, and he was supposed to specialize in older hard to find cars that were "Rust Free".. Now I had a buddy look the car over for me a week prior to making the drive out to pick up the car. He was no expert but he thought all the trouble spots I described were OK. The car had been repainted and it was a junk paint job, there was a serious problem of delamination. So when I got the car home to Tulsa I started the tear down. Here we are 3 years later, after having to replace almost the entire passenger side of the car due to 2 accidents and more rust than I care to think about. So once again you can't always judge a book by the cover, know what you are getting short of stripping the paint off before you buy anything.

picture 1.. tear down

picture 2.. lots of parts

picture 3.. my handy rotisserie.

picture 4.. subframe connectors TC pocket attachment

picture 5.. floor and rear subframe connection.

Z structural pics. Shell (now how does this go back together)_thumb.JPG

Z structural pics. Parts ready to go out_thumb.JPG

Z structural pics. Rotissorie_thumb.JPG

Z structural pics. driver side subframe to TC pocket inner_thumb.JPG

Z structural pics. driver side subframe 01_thumb.JPG

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Media Blasting and off to the body and paint guy. A good coating of PPG epoxy to keep our friend we gave the boot to (Rust) off.

DSC00434small_thumb.JPG

DSC00435small_thumb.JPG

DSC00437small_thumb.JPG

DSC00439small_thumb.JPG

DSC00440small_thumb.JPG