HybridZ

Which 5 lug REAR DISK setup is everyone using?

I'm thinking of converting over to 5 lug all around - Nissan/Ford - 5x4.5 - and was just wondering what different setups you've guys used and how you think it's worked out so far. I do know about re-drilling the stubs and retaining the drums in the rear but i figure if i'm changing out to 5 lug, i might as well go disk rear as well. If you could post your setup including which caliper/rotor/spacer/brackets...etc you used, including the make/model/years the parts came from (if not using custom made parts) that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

- Jersey

Ok, i guess either...

A - This has been recently very well documented somewhere and i can't seem to find it

B - Not many have done this and the ones who have aren't in the mood to post thier setups because they've explained it about 10 zillion times... and again, i can't find it!

C - I'm not using the correct combination of the 20 different phrases i've entered in the search engine over the last 2 days to get good results

D - Everyone that has done this calls Ross @ Modern Motorsports and drops a bunch of cash and blam, it's done :) Ross, if you read... i wish i could do this option... believe me.

LOL. Anyway, I'll keep searching and piecing the info together. A lot of the posts i come across from searching are from years ago and a bunch were in the R&D stage. I just figured someone has come up with some clean cut options for a 5 lug rear disk setup on the S30's. Thanks anyway and sorry to take up server space.

- Jersey

My R&D stage project is using Mistubishi starion rear brakes. They are vented and a decent diameter (dont have the number handy sorry). The calipers have a built in mechanical Ebrake with a simple cable pull. They should work with some simple bracketry. The only thing I havent looked into on these is the availabilty of brake pads. I mean you can go to the FLAPS and get whatever, but I dont know if there are decent aftermarket pads.

The other 'junkyard' setup I was looking at is the mk3 supra. They are large diameter, also vented. Downside being an internal 'drum' style ebrake. This would also be the downfall of using Z32 brakes as well.

As you said, dropping the cash at MM or AZ-Zcar is an option too.